The BRIT Awards 2019: All the winners
The 1975 came out on top at this years BRIT awards with Mastercard, with Calvin Harris, Jorja Smith and George Ezra also winning big.
The BRIT Awards 2019 with Mastercard took place on Wednesday 20 February, celebrating the achievements of British and international artists and musicians over the last year, live from The O2 Arena, London.
Jack Whitehall was back on hosting duties for the second year to present an exceptional night of entertainment for the 12,000 arena guests and the millions watching from home. A grand total of 13 awards – designed by acclaimed architect Sir David Adjaye – were handed out during the show.
Presenters on the night included Paloma Faith, Annie Mac, Khalid and Nile Rodgers.
Multi-award winning actor and performer Hugh Jackman kicked off proceedings with a dazzling rendition of The Greatest Show from the global music sensation The Greatest Showman, resplendent with an array of acrobatic dancers. Calvin Harris made his BRITs debut with a collaboration with Dua Lipa, Sam Smith and Rag’n’Bone Man, and the show also hosted performances from George Ezra, Jorja Smith, Jess Glynne with H.E.R., Little Mix with Ms Banks and The 1975. P!nk closed the show with an incredible four song medley following the presentation of her Outstanding Contribution to Music award.
Winning British Group for the second time, The 1975 also added the much coveted Mastercard British Album of the Year award to their BRIT tally, for their third No. 1 album A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships.
The full list of winners:
- British Male Solo Artist: George Ezra
- British Female Solo Artist: Jorja Smith
- British Group: The 1975
- British Breakthrough Act: Tom Walker
- International Group: The Carters
- International Male Solo Artist: Drake
- International Female Solo Artist: Ariana Grande
- BRITs Global Success Award: Ed Sheeran
- British Artist Video Award: Little Mix ft. Nicki Minaj Woman Like Me
- Best British Producer: Calvin Harris
- British Single: Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa One Kiss
- Mastercard British Album Of The Year: The 1975 A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships
- Outstanding Contribution To Music: P!nk
- Critics’ Choice: Sam Fender
You can watch and rewatch the performances on both YouTube Music and YouTube.